Friday, February 12, 2010

Romance with blogs, adverts and Web 2.0

I haven’t written anything for days. It’s ever present on my to-do list but once I get started with daily tasks, it ends up being the one procrastinated.

Number one rule to write better is to practice often, something I advise my ESL students to do. Freestyle writing technique is the easiest method to use in developing the habit of writing. It allows you to get lost in your thoughts and words,oblivious of grammatical errors so you can capture your ideas and emotions in its raw form. Needless to say, you have to do the editing after scribbling everything down.

In this age of blogs, web 2.0 and  Google calendar to organize my personal activities, I still rely on my old-fashioned pen and notebook to doodle notes, dates, tasks,  what-have-you which is I guess why this blog template appealed to me. I have not totally succumbed to technology although I guess I’ll go nuts without internet.

Speaking of technology, I was trying my hand on being internet savvy by attempting to figure out html syntax (I’m guessing that’s what you call it). I wanted to take a shot at creating a  customized Craigslist advert for Tim. Viewing the page source was dizzying I wanted to give up right at first glance. Days later, I’m proud to announce that I’m slightly html literate than I was a week ago. Thanks to W3, it’s an amazing site for webpage design dummies like me.
Another interesting discovery today was when I checked Dmegs online directory and saw that English Notes was on the top 10 sites and blogs under education / online school category. I guess my ESL students are the driving force behind this pleasant surprise clicking away when they're bored.

Another work week gone by so quickly. I don't have plans for my Friday night maybe I'll just grab my pen and notebook and write away.


About Me

My photo
I'm a reader,a mother, a spirited watercolor painter, a coffee lover and a passionate learner of life, love and Web 2.0. For questions regarding ESL lessons, you can send an email to: english.notes311@gmail.com.